Resources for your Public Information Team
The Greater Los Angeles County Vector Control District (GLACVCD) needs your help to raise awareness about mosquito reduction and disease prevention. Mosquitoes can transmit debilitating and potentially deadly diseases such as West Nile Virus. This summer, GLACVCD will be launching a large Summer Campaign to engage and empower residents to take an active role in reducing mosquitoes in their homes and communities. GLACVCD relies on collaboration and partnerships with cities and local agencies to increase the visibility of the campaign and the message on online platforms.
If your agency is interested in participating in any of the areas listed below, please contact Anais Medina Diaz at email@example.com.
Here are ways you can partner with GLACVCD:
- Due to the Stay at Home order, the District is currently not scheduling in person community events, however we are available for virtual meetings/events.
- We offer free:10 ft. x10 ft. interactive booth focused on mosquitoes in our community.Interactive miniature backyard display.Greater Los Angeles County’s largest inflatable mosquito.
- To invite GLACVCD to your next community event, please contact our agency at least one month prior to your event so we can better accommodate your requests.
- Brochures and publications in multi-languages are available for download.
- Request a newsletter, short blurb, any size ad, or an article with photos to include in your next publication.
- GLACVCD staff are available to speak to residents, city staff, emergency preparedness training (CERT, Explorers, law enforcement, etc.) and community groups regarding mosquito prevention and protection. Click here to reserve a presentation.
- Bilingual presentations are available upon request.
- Cities may have space on digital billboards or reader boards that can display the campaign message or images. If you have available spots from July-September, please send the dimensions needed to firstname.lastname@example.org.