Do you have rats, bees, or fleas?Click here for help.
Our agency controls mosquito, aquatic midge, and simulium black fly populations.
The Greater Los Angeles County Vector Control District (GLACVCD) is a non-enterprise, independent, special district, enabled and empowered to act as a public health agency as a result of legislation incorporated in the California State Health and Safety Code.
GLACVCD is one of five mosquito and vector control districts in Los Angeles County. The District serves more than 6 million residents in a 1,340 square mile area, making GLACVCD the largest vector control district in Los Angeles County.
What You Get From Your Local Coffee Shop
$12.79Per Year• A couple ‘fancy’ coffees
What You Get From Vector Control
$12.79Per Year• Property Inspections
• Submit unlimited Service Requests
• Professional help from state-certified specialists
• Informational pamphlets, brochures and downloadable content
• Staffing at your next community event
• Vector ecologists monitoring diseases in your community
• Vector Control Specialists reducing breeding sources in your community
• Mosquitofish for your ornamental fountain or pond
• Speakers for your next event
• School and classroom visits by educational outreach coordinators
• Visits to event and schools by the mobile science lab, the Mosquito SWAT Lab
Our integrated response to threats in your community
Three departments work together to ensure effective and responsive vector control in all the cities and communities we cover. Learn more about each department here:OperationsScientific-Technical ServicesCommunity Affairs